The Company operates 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, so operational demands require variations in shift days, starting and ending times, and hours worked in a week. The Night Auditor performs the duties of a Front Desk Agent and completes, balances and files night audit reports on the various areas of the hotel (i.e. food & beverage outlets, rooms/front desk, gift shop, etc.) to provide accurate, timely information in accordance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures. Audit, balance, post and report on the room charges including phone calls, zero balance folios, corrections, adjustments, taxes, disputed charges, over/short figures to ensure accuracy and proper cash handling procedures are followed. Complete, balance and file night audit reports including over/short figures, deposits, counts, house charges, and promotional materials. Prepare and input statistics and income journal sheets for preparation of daily reports. Perform the duties of a Front Desk Agent including greeting, registering and assigning rooms in accordance with policies and procedures. Ensures all communication containing Company, hotel, brand and guest information is consistent with privacy policies, practices and regulations.
- Physical requirements include extended periods of standing and/or walking, bending, reaching, pulling, pushing, kneeling, and lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Education and Experience: High school education or equivalent experience. Guest service, basic accounting, and familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred. LightSpeed/Galaxy experience is a plus.
- Skills and Abilities: Ability to understand and provide friendly guest service. Ability to correctly process check-ins and check-outs, answers questions, and resolves guest requests in compliance with policies and procedures, brand standards, and federal, state and local regulations.
- Ability to processes guest bills and collects payments in compliance with cash handling, credit card processing and accounting policies and procedures. Ability to timely compile facts/figures, identify and investigate issues and resolve basic matters.
- Ability to operate a computer, calculator, phone and other office equipment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible and efficient.
- Ability to satisfy the legal requirements for employment within the jurisdiction