Hotel Chief Engineer
Come join the amazing, newly renovated Wyndham Garden Niagara Falls and one of the leading companies in the hospitality industry. We are looking for a detail oriented, very organized, self-starter who has great leadership skills to oversee this 188 room cutting edge property.
The Chief Engineer will supervise a maintenance crew of 3-6 people. They are responsible for maintaining the overall operation of the maintenance department and the appearance and working order of the hotel. The engineer must be able to work independently, as well as, with others.
- Maintain the exterior of the building, parking lot, and common areas
- Maintain all equipment and guest rooms
- Conduct monthly safety inspections and training the staff on safety and emergency procedures
- Working with vendors, collecting bids and processing purchase orders
- Perform routine maintenance such as painting, carpet/floor cleaning, caulking, etc.
- Perform minor adjustments on HVAC systems, room furniture, fixtures and other items in the hotel
- Perform duties of the company’s preventative maintenance program
- Report major repair needs to the General Manager
- Assist in setup/cleanup of meeting rooms
- Assist in other areas of the hotel as needed, such as collecting/delivering dirty linen to laundry, assisting with laundry or housekeeping as needed
- Develop, recommend, implement and manage the department’s budget, capital expenditure plan, forecasts and objectives consistent with maintaining a first class property
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned
The Chief Engineer must be willing to respond to emergencies, even if after hours, and work on special remodeling projects or capital expenditure needs. This position requires overall engineering knowledge and trouble shooting ability with skills in painting, HVAC, carpentry, equipment, and tool usage.
The Chief Engineer will be able to perform maintenance repairs and coordinate contractors for larger repairs. Develop, implement and direct all Emergency Programs; Preventative maintenance, ensure all equipment and the property are maintained, ensure compliance with all codes and regulations, train all employees and maintain accurate records to ensure a safe environment which protects the asset, guests and employees.
Minimum of 3 years experience in management or as a supervisor and maintenance